Tuesday, March 17, 2009

NS or College first???

Oh GOD! Why must things suddenly get more complicated than it is... Just two days ago, I found out that I'm placed in PLKN Kem Sinar Suria, Sungkai for my NS training... It is a very new camp since it's not even stated in the PLKN camp list in the PLKN website. All of my friends except one has made up their minds to go for NS training and I thought I was up for it too until yesterday, I had to decide all over again... This time, I can't make up my mind!

I insisted from the beginning that I'm gonna go for NS before I go college this year in August cause I didn't wanna go when I'm 20+ or something... By the way, I thought I would get the chance to handle guns and do very exiting activities everyday for the next three months! I'm an adrenaline junkie and I love adventures, dangerous activities and challenges... I hate being stuck in rooms filled with people and listening to stupid lectures... I thought in NS, I'll get the chance to get fit! Like a boot-camp! Discipline is no prob for me but waiting in line, waiting, waiting and more waiting is totally shit for me! I've experienced 3 days in NS before in Kem Tegas Mesra if I'm not mistaken. It was 2 days of activities only... Doing the Obstacle course and Canoeing. The first day was totally boring and all we did was wait, wait and wait non stop... I seriously thought NS everyday for the three months was training us to do the obstacle course everyday to get fit and a part of the training. Furthermore, it's fun!

WHY I DON'T WANNA GO NS,
I heard from a fren of mine that I really miss and now in NS, that my assumption of NS was wrong... The first month was filled with classes for character building, moral and whatsoever... Lectures, lectures and more lectures... The next month was again filled with more lectures, lectures and lectures except they added Kawat kaki in the morning and a one day shooting outing, and prepping for the one night outing in the forest for the ending of NS. The physical activities was only done once! Only once! Just like my three days in NS! WTF! That ain't gonna be fun at all!!! All I can think of NS is a total waste of time!

WHY I WANNA GO NS,
I love challenges and I think NS is a great challenge! I don't like to give up... Besides, its better to deal with it once and for all in the early stages so that this stupid problem wont arise again when I'm in college. NS also might give me a head start in taking care of myself and prepare me for the future in a cruel and boring way... Besides, it's a new camp... What else... Well, I can't think of any...

THE VERDICT,
My parents in the beginning agree that I carry out my NS plans and enter college in August but now, they insist that I go for the March intake... I should say it's my fault cause I kept complaining how NS would be boring and a waste of time. To look at the bright side, me going to college is something like a better NS experience. I mean,

1. NS gives their trainees to meet people and make new friends...
What difference does it make in college? I would still meet new people and make new friends. Furthermore, I'll be there for 2 and a half years.

2. NS let their trainees to experience an independent life...
Again, life in college is the same... Whats better than that is, the hostel I'll be living in has a kitchen and laundry room! I'll get to cook and do the laundry with the help of machines.

3. NS prepare their trainees to be better prepared in college/University life...
Can't argue with this but my sister didn't go for NS and yet she is doing so well on her own in Terrenganu... Miles and miles away from Taiping.

4. NS activities...
This is the easiest to argue with... In college, there is a gym that I can be a member of and I can use it everyday... There maybe special clubs that I can enter too...

CONCLUSION,
Though I can find so many reasons why I should just postpone NS but I still have doubts about it! This has become the hardest decision I've ever made! Maybe I'm just afraid that this NS problem would disturb me again in the future if I Postpone it for now... But did the government really arrested those picked NS trainees that didn't attend... Did they carry out any actions like what the newspapers reported long time ago? My parents keep saying, there are loads of people that had and have escape NS by Postponing and the government would just forget/lost any information about me being picked for NS with the millions of files of the same case as me after 2 and a half years... I still doubt it! SHOULD I GO OR NOT GO TO NS!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: