Tuesday, July 20, 2010

If only life is fair... -The beginning-

The Insomniac dreamer is back and here lies the birth of another post by the creature of the night. I'm sure everyone knows and agrees that life on planet earth is never fair cause nothing is ever perfect and justice will never be served. There will always be evil in this world and good to counter the evil. Life is always full of ups and downs, like a roller coaster ride that can end up like final destination 4.

If only life is fair, I won't be feeling this hopeless and lost tonight. Friends come and go, but never forgotten. Therefore, I will never ever forget about the good times I had with my first international friends. I remember the first time I met Haliunaa... It was the start of my 3rd semester in college and on one memorable night in the hostel, we had our first international student that will stay in our hostel. I was so excited about it when I heard about it through Miss Dayana in facebook and I was waiting to open the door and welcome her. Two new girls already came in and I was so shy to talk to them since they were chinese educated and I can't speak Mandarin. I noticed Nicole was shy too and we just smiled at each other whenever we saw each other.

When I opened the door, I smiled at the new girl but she wasn't looking my way, so when she entered and pass me, I just smile again and say hi. I think I must have scared her there because that friendliness came out too enthusiastic and it must have seem really fake. She was only planning to stay in the hostel for a week. I don't know where I got the courage from that night to actually hold a house meeting. No doubt my housemates saw the bossy side of me that night which was something they have never expected to see coming out from me cause I'm always so timid and shy, but I had to do it since I want it to be a new begining. I had everyone introduce themselves and I had to clearify the rules of the house. Halfway through the meeting, I noticed that the new girl looked really anxious, so I dissmised her politely by saying she must have a long and tiring journey all the way from Mongolia and let her freshen up and settle in. Stupid SSD didn't give her a pillow and bedsheet, so I borrowed her a bedsheet along with an extra blanket I have and Hooi Ling borrowed her an extra pillow she had. It was that night our beautiful friendship began. Ice was broken and everyone seems to be comfortable with each other. The other chinese girl, Huei didn't come back till really late, so we didn't really get the chance to know her yet but after we did, we were a family.

No comments: